Tuesday 2 February 2010

Orchid + Pig Destroyer split

Where to start on this one, two titans in their respectable scenes together on an insane split. Orchid being one of my favourite bands ever, in their day pumping out blistering screamo/emo violence, becoming the poster child's of the genre if you will. Of course breaking up a long time ago, but still I can listen to their albums and enjoy them to this day. Orchid albums that spring to mind for people new to them, Chaos is Me, Dance tonight! Revolution Tomorrow, all though to me they're all incredible.

Pig Destroyer, pioneering modern grindcore band, giants in the grindcore scene, being active since '97 and soon to releasing a new album! which will be amazing I'm sure, Anyway, put these two bands together (the split made in 1997) and you get the raw sounds of both bands when they were staring out, Pig Destroying show their talent for making menacing, blistering grindcore, insane screams and sheer pace, Orchid show their fast-paced brand of Emo Violence and bring us this incredible split. I was surprised to see this split when I first came across it as Scremo and Grindcore to me are fairly distant from each other in terms of lyrical content, ethos etc. But it's great to see the two come together and just tear it up. For Pig Destroyer, Terrifyer to me is their best release.

At 10 mins long, A fairly short split, naturally, it packs a punch, enjoy. R.I.P Orchid, long live Pig Destroyer.

Orchid - Pig Destroyer - Split '97

No comments:

Post a Comment