Monday 12 April 2010

Off Minor - Some Blood

Off Minor, 3/5's of one of my favourite ever bands, Screamos infamous Saetia. Off Minor took a more Punk fuelled direction, heavier riffs, a bit faster and thrasher, but maintaining a screamo element. Some Blood is their last LP output, back in 2008, I'm still fairly new to this band, for whatever reason it took me a while to get around to them, but I'm glad I did. Some Blood is a great Hardcore/Screamo LP, Practice Absence, the final track, was an instant classic to me, and has been on repeat thusly.

The band have a much more upbeat sound than that of Saetia, their sound leans more toward a Hardcore-esq sound, in some parts than say a traditional Scremo sound, however some stand out tracks include the more Emo build ups and chaoticness. Some Blood throws 22 minutes of amazing chaotic, mathy emo tunes, great album all round!

Tracklist: "Some Blood" 2008

1. "Neologist" 2:36
2. "Some Blood" 2:12
3. "Everything Explicit" 5:55
4. "To An Ex" 2:09
5. "No Conversationalist I" 0:43
6. "Practice Absence" 8:47

try
buy

FFO: Saetia, Hot Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment