Monday 24 May 2010

Empire! Empire! (I was a lonely estate)


So, it's been a while since last update. Empire! Empire! was introduced to me on Last FM by the label Count your lucky Stars, at first I was a bit weary as all labels are going to say 'this band is great!'. Alas i am eternally grateful to this man for telling me about Empire! Their albums have been on constant play since I first heard them, an amazing blend of Mineral-esq midwest emo, post-emo and some indie elements, incredible vocals, a true poet. It manages to be catchy and hold true to it's emo roots at the same time through the guitars and the lyrical content and styles.

I will simply say I am in love with this band.

Empire! Empire! (I was a lonely estate) - 'What it takes to move forward' 2009

Tracklist:

1. How To Make Love Stay 4:23
2. Keep What You Have Built Up Here 5:07
3. What Safe Means 4:00
4. It Happened Because You Left 8:07
5. rally the troops! poke holes in their defenses! line our coffers with their coffins! 4:22
6. It's a Plague, and You're Invited 4:11
7. Everything Is Connected And Everything Matters (A Temporary Solution To A Permanent… 4:00
8. The Next Step To Regaining Control 6:07
9. With Your Greatest Fears Realized, You Will Not Be Comforted 3:07
10. I Am A Snail, And You Are A Pace I Cannot Match 5:13
11. an idea is a greater monument than a cathedral 5:52

try
buy

FFO: Mineral, Snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment