Monday 26 July 2010

Boris and Torche - Chapter Ahead Being Fake

As mentioned in the Melvins/ISIS post, 'Chapter Ahead Being Fake' the superb split from two riffy heavyweights, one of my all time favourites notorious Japanese noise heroes Boris, and heavy as balls out Torche. The split consisting of a single track each, firstly Torche's 'King Beef' followed by 'Luna' from Boris, 'Luna' weighing in at a hefty 12 minutes goes a huge way to sum up everything I love about Boris, amazing build ups, atmospheric vocals, huge riffs and beautifully paced. Torche throw out a heavy offering with their track also, and any Torche fans will love it. But for me Luna really makes this split. This split has reminded me how much I love Boris, a session is in order.

Chapter Ahead Being Fake

1. Torche 'King Beef' 5:53
2. Boris 'Luna' 12:12

try
buy (vinyl)
buy (cd)

No comments:

Post a Comment