Tuesday 8 June 2010

Envy - From Here to Eternity

Firstly, I will say that this band is supreme, their influence and reach has cemented them to a legendary status, in my eyes at least, and I'm sure many bands in the Hardcore / Scremo scene feel this way too. Envy are easily one of my favourite bands, and seeing them live took my breath away, stood heart on hand throughout the whole show screaming my lungs out alongside vocalist Tetsuya Fukugawa, to me one of the most consistent and talented vocalist i've ever heard. Envy's sound has evolved a huge amount over the years, so I see it fit to take you to their roots. 'From Here to Eternity' is a rawer, earlier effort from Envy, their latest works, splits with Thursday and Jesu shows the extent of their progression and development. Their later albums have inherited more post-rock-esq elements, in a sense of longer more built up songs.

This first album has a good mix of screamo and hardcore elements, it's lean more toward the punk side, but i still find this a fantastic album, and anyone who enjoys this will appreciate their newer works, i may post another album of theirs another time. For now sink your teeth into this album.

From Here to Eternity - Track listing

1. Limitation 4:12
2. Trembled 4:13
3. A vicious circle, again 1:23
4. Leaden Wings 3:11
5. Off 2:40
6. Crusaders 1:58
7. For you who died 3:05
8. Black past 1:53
9. Grey wind 4:25
10. Carved numbers 3:37
11. Poetry reading 2:15

try
buy

FFO: Heaven in her arms, Kaospilot

No comments:

Post a Comment